Amish Country Pennsylvania
Well, here we are in the beautiful Amish community in Lancaster County - in a town called 'Intercourse' - OK, stop laughing!!!! We have the photos to prove it!
We have spent the last 4 days driving from Boston out though the 'Berkshires' - very posh - it is where all the very wealthy families have their summer homes - it is magnificent!
The 'fall' colours have been fantastic & it has been just so awe-inspiring very corner you turn!
I can confess (lyn that is) that when we picked up the hire car (a brand new Pontiac Grand Prix - very nice to drive - I don't think they were expecting us to run it in & out at the same time!)at Boston Airport, I managed to miss our first major turn - & we hadn't even gotten out of the airport! So we had a detour that we weren't expecting - Jill's navigating is working a treat, but my ability to drive is very questionable!
Yesterday we travelled through 4 states - Mass, Connecticut, New York & Pennsylvania - & today we went to New Jersey as well!!!
Today we have been big kids again as we went to the Crayola (crayons for those who may have forgotten!) factory in Easton - it was great - so many fun kid things to do - we were there for hours!
We have experienced all the seasons of the fall in one day - sun, rain, fog & wind!
Went to the Norman Rockwell museum - that was a place where we also spent hours!
They really know how to display their history over here - it is a treat!
Hope everyone is well - though I expect not as well as us!
We are off to eat again - that's what life is like here! Love to you all - ans a special thanks to those who have put comments for us - you have no idea how much we look forward to getting them - please keep sending them!

2 Comments:
Loved the green gables outfits...no wonder you decided to have haircuts. So, where are the Amish outfits? All sounds like a great adventure. Now, about these southern belles....are you telling us you actually made new friends??? :-) I hope they come out to Oz and tell all about what they saw through while they were doing their peeping Pam thing.
I've been doing a lot of painting and refurbishing up in the Alps but have had to come back to Adel for a bit of shoulder refurb'....you'll like this Lyn, I'll spend about 3 days at Sportsmed starting this arvo'. Haven't contributed much to their profits recently and they have been missing your regular input so I thought I'd give them a bit of a push-along.
Happy travellin' keep her on the right side of the road Jill, or at least paint a right and left mark on her shoes
Madeleine
Hi girls, love the post card - I hope that the bottom on the postcard is not an indication of how you have let yourselves slip. I will have to be very tough when you get home if you have! I am looking forward to the boot camp when you get home Lyn.
Life here is so mundane. Theo has retired, Helen Thompson is busy looking for another job, the EB negotiations have commenced with gusto, Danny has made his wife pregnant, Shane goes on a holiday soon to Canada and I've seen my two new nieces (one is 19months and the other 2 months). I am fixed for babies for ever!
Must away I have an exercise class to go to - just to make you jealous. Be happy and have lots of fun.
All my love - Julianne
Post a Comment
<< Home