Maine
Hi all....it's Sunday and we are now in Maine USA...the last state I lived in before making the journey to Australia. We stayed in a small village in Canada last night..Pogonneamook (I think!).very quaint little spot right on a lake. Today in the rain we drove through the remainder of Canada to the US border at Fort Kent then onto Loring Air Force Base where we last lived. It is no longer an air force base but a commerce centre. They just opened an air force base heritage centre there last weekend so we just made it in time before it closed for the day. We will need to dig out some old photos Mum to make some copies and send to them as they dont have much from those years. And yes Loring Drive still has houses on it but they have renamed it!...I think I got some photos of our house Mum and Jane! ...and a photo of me standing on the grounds of the Harrison Elementary School...no building left though. We are now in Houlston Maine for the night before heading back into Canada tomorrow on our way to Prince Edward Island. Lyn will take over now....Well, Jill's navigating skills have not let us down....yet! only day2, so fingers crossed. My driving has been wonderful of course! I have a secret weapon for remembering what side of the road to drive on! I could not believe it when we woke up yesterday & it was raining - just my luck for our first day of driving & trying to navigate out of a city like Montreal! You should see how they drive - don't ever complain about Adelaide drivers again! They get away with 30 kph over the speed limit here & the cops don't give a damn! We forgot that as soon as we passed out of the city limits that hardly anyone speaks English! Not handy for us! Jill's school girl french is getting us by & some of Miss Piggy has come in handy for me!!
I have re-named ice hockey "stick clunking" (because Lyn didnt know what the kids were doing..duh!!!!)
We are scooting along in a Pontiac Pursuat for those that are into cars. Petrol is so cheap - in Canada it is 82.4 cents / litre.
Need an update on the football - please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you are all well & that Mum & Ruth arrived home from England safely.
Cheers


1 Comments:
Bad news - the Crows had a great start but lost it to a much more focussed and determined W/Coast who devoured them in the 3rd quarter and didn't let the crows back in....so, West Coast vs East Coast (commonly known as the Swans). A pretty impressive commentary I think from someone who doesn't know what she is talking about. However, you'll be impressed, I did watch it!
So who will you be backing for next w/ends game then?
In the meantime, don't fret, just keep on cruisin', boozin', lookin' and funnin'
Madeleine
Post a Comment
<< Home