Jill and Lyn's Great Escape

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bergen, Norway

Hi Everyone - only Lyn today - Jill is in bed sick - something she ate! I am finding that hard to believe as we can hardly afford to eat here - did think of phoning the Red Cross to see if they would send an emergency food parcel for us! That would have to be better than 9 dollars for a cheese burger at Macca's!
At least this is a very nice hotel room to be sick in - more like a suite than a room! I, of course, have done a survival run for her to the store this morning to see if I could get something that she can keep down or in! (I know you are all surpried that I could be so thoughtful!!!) Did manage to find a small carton of Apple Juice & a small bottle of Sportaide drink for 50 Kroner - that is about 10 dollars!
Jill did make me promise that I wouldn't give any details of her demise on the blogsite though!!!! Silly her!!!!!
Bergen is living up to it's reputation - rain & more rain - we wish we could send some of it home to you! Of course this wet weather is no problem to two intrepid, well prepared traveller's like us - we look an absolute treat in our outdoor gear - have to add this to my view of fashion sense - along with anything sporting, or anything that goes with RM boots, I can now add wet weather & snow gear (Madeleine - we will have to compare gear when we get home!!) Think I will have to continue to wear my travel clothes when I get home & go back to work so that I can continue the holiday feeling!!! Should be an excellent look for Adelaide in the summer! I feel sure the other members at Adelaide Oval will love the look (not sure that it will pass the acceptable clothing standard set for there though!)
I must away, back to my 'nursing' duties!
Cheers for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home